Thursday, May 18, 2017

My Rejected Home Sweet Home Anniversary Card


I created this cute Home Sweet Home card for an anniversary, but realized it just wasn't quite right. Who wants "cute" for their anniversary? I'll show you my second more romantic attempt next week after the big day. In fact, you can catch a sneak peek of it in my new banner above.


I used a combination of Graphic 45's Ladies Diary, Echo Park's The Story of Our Family, and Carta Bella's Home Sweet Home. Pretty wild mix, aye? Especially with all the black cardstock. It just seemed to fit together, though, with the 5.5x5.5 black base.
The teal textured flower is by Petaloo. The tiny red and white blooms and small aqua flower are from I Am Roses. The leaves are from my stash... vintage.


I added three wood pieces (a key, clothes clip, butterfly) and a section of wild vine that Adelaide brought me from our woods out back. I need her to visit again so she can go find me some more. This was my last.



I layered on several die-cuts as well.
You've heard of "the straw that broke the camel's back"? Well, this is the card that broke the Sizzix Vagabond. I've now officially broke two of those machines. I hear that now the new ones have the overload problem remedied. I may even buy one of those someday, and give it a go. In the meantime, I've gone back to my old faithful, hand crank Circuit Cuttlebug. Can't let broken equipment stop me from creating, right?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...