Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Today Pocket Card & Freedom Faux-Stone Pen


Spring is nearly here and I'm feeling yellow. It should be green, shouldn't it? But no... I'm definitely feeling yellow... and after searching through every box of paper and embellishments, I realized that yellow is not a color high on my list of supplies. Here's what I came up with to satisfy my "maize mania".


In one of my Prima boxes I found two sheets of Shalimar from their Reflections collection. I used this as my base and tag. It's a creamy color with muted dots and text, perfect to go with yellow. Then going through all my 6x6 paper pads I came across Fine and Dandy from My Mind's Eye. Not at all my style, but it worked.


While digging in the Prima stuff, I found a full package of Everyday Vintage Flair Buttons and this yellow Today one. Ah ha! Just what I needed. Wow... now I found a bit of Webster's Pages yellow trim, a scrap of a white cotton doily, and a Prima wood mat (it has a kind of creamy color to it).


I also came across a full pack of these sparkly yellow sequin things... mmmm love these! I added in a few of Tim Holtz Thrift Shop ephemera pieces, and tied a yellow seam binding bow to the tag.


For flowers... I Am Roses to match the TH image. I tucked in one final thing... a piece of curly vine from our woods.


The Penmaker's work for the day... a gorgeous antique pewter Freedom pen with faux-stone. He's really knocking them out of the park. This is outstanding!

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...