Friday, March 3, 2017

Charming Elegant Birthday Pocket Card & Gorgeous Pens


Wow, busy week!!! Aren't you glad it's Friday? 
(Since the Penmaker and I are retired from our real jobs, Friday doesn't mean quite as much as it use to. Albeit, tomorrow granddaughter Adelaide is coming to visit, and that's a big deal for us!)
Ronnie has been making numerous pens trying to get
our shop restocked and I've been making cards and working on organizing storage. 


My Charming Elegant Birthday card is a strange mix of Julie Nutting's Belle Vie by Photo Play, 7 Gypsies 6x6 Conservatory, and some Tim Holtz Thrift Shop ephemera. Odd mix indeed, but I think it works!
There's a piece of an old ecru Battenburg doily peeking out from under this button card. I have a dozen or more of these left from when I had my book store. They seem to be hard to find now, so I'm happy I kept them all these years.


My first thought was to go with black and ivory flowers, but I wound up with this purple/lavender combination. I love how it complimented that sage green tone of the ephemera pieces and the 7G's papers. I put in a touch of cheesecloth for softness along with a scrap of ivory wool to stick a couple pins into.


Lots of foam adhesive to pop things up... and a pretty filigree corner piece topped with a purple rhinestone.


The Penmaker's newest...


An antique brass Royality in designer acrylic.


Designer acrylic pen in a chrome Precious with crystal Swarovski crystals.

That's all for today, my friends. Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...