Monday, November 14, 2016

Sweet Lovely Day Art Journal Spread


Working in my Photos art journal again with a different color pallet. I'm definitely not one for pink, however all of our granddaughters say it's their favorite color. So this one's for Katie, Penny, Dixie, Faith, Adelaide and Jesse.



This gorgeous Queen Anne's Lace was dried and given to me by a friend. While my super heavy gesso was still wet, I laid it down slightly patting it in. It stuck perfectly.


This texture was created with Tim's Speckles Layering Stencil and light molding paste.


I sprayed and dabbed on some color using Lindy's Pink Ladies Pink Flat Fabio, and Starbursts in Cotton Candy Pink and Salt Water Taffy. When they were thoroughly dry I sponged on Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Evergreen Boughs Distress inks.


The Sweet Lovely Day stickers are by My Mind's Eye.


The papers and tissue were all scraps...


and I fussy cut the butterfly from a scrap piece that I believe is vintage Bo Bunny.


Just a bit of stamping with a Tim Holtz text stamp from his Nature Walk set using Jet Black Archival ink.



I defined the lines with my black Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush pen, smugging with my finger. Then to top it all off, I went back over it all with my extra soft charcoal pencil to give a bit more depth in some areas.
Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, it's gorgeous, Linda! I don't often go for pink, either, but I absolutely love how it looks here. So soft and serene. Loving the texture from the stenciling and paste and love the random bits of stamping. And the Queen Anne's Lace? Omgosh, fabulous!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This looks amazing, Linda, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...