Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Glitz Birthday Pocket Card and Movie Pens


I haven't had a minute to create any new cards since we've returned home from our Whitehall, NY/ Gettysburg, PA trip. I do, however, have a few from two weeks ago that I haven't posted yet. This birthday card is layered with lots of older Giltz Design patterns that I love... and like most of my older stuff, comes from a Pixie Dust Paperie kit.


The Damask paper is from the Glitz Love Nest collection (sigh)... it's soooo pretty. Unfortunately for me, mine is all gone now. I like using up my old collections, but it's a kind of love/hate thing. It's so sad when I don't have them anymore.


The little girl sticker is a vintage K & Company 3-D and the pink and crystal wheat sprays are several years old as well. The flowers are an assortment of Petaloo and I Am Roses. The die cuts were made with Spellbinders Oval Floral and Alterations Stitched Ovals and Tiny Tabs & Tags. The floral die cuts are from Alterations Spring Greenery.


I cut the leaves with Spellbinders Foliage. They're made from a manilla file folder, inked with Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn, and finished with Ranger's UTEE. The edges were sponged with Walnut Stain DI. The pink organza ribbon is from Michaels and the pink nylon with pearls trim is from Hobby Lobby.


The floral mat under the sticker is a digi. I trimmed the corners with We R Memory Keepers Scallop.
  

 Rosewood box

Maple box

A couple of new projects The Penmaker created for our son's latest documentary. He gathers the wood at the sighting locations and stabilizes it. Then makes the pens from the stabilized wood. Every piece looks different.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the layers and the colors!! The flowers look amazing!! Absolutely stunning!! And wow, the pens are spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful creations both from you and your husband ... Those boxes are so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...