Sunday, January 31, 2016

J'adore Valentine Pocket Card & Movie Update


I'm still in high gear working on Valentine's Day cards. I love the feeling that comes with creating something to be given to a person you love.


The base paper for this card (MME Lost & Found Heirloom) was so pretty, I didn't want to cover too much of it up. I kept the layers at a minimum so the glittery J'adore could shine.


To enhance it, I heat embossed all my leaves and ferns with Ranger's Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (utee), which gave them a cool, wet look... very glossy. I applied it three times to build up the coat for optimum gloss.


I added some Idea-ology ephemera, hearts cut with Alterations Mini Hearts dies, half pearls, roses, lace, red heart trim, and copper metal accents.




I'm entering my card at these challenges:

Frilly and Funkie - Enjoy Your Embossing
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes



For those interested, our son will begin filming his third documentary in April. If you would like to be a part of that, here is the link to the Kickstarter.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Linda

2 comments:

Zoe Hillman said...

Your valentines card is lovely. The heat embossed leaves are a great idea, they look wet with dew! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. :)

Jenny Marples said...

J'adore this beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...