Sunday, August 23, 2015

I Love Fall Pocket Card and A Special Order Custom Pen


I sat aside that box of assorted paper collections I've been using up for a day and started working on cards for the fall season. I broke down and ordered a few new sheets from A Cherry on Top that should come next week. In the mean time, I have just enough of some older patterns to get going. This is an assortment of Imaginisce and My Mind's Eye.


The ABC card is from Idea-ology's Thrift Shop ephemera pack by Tim Holtz. The die cut on top of it was made using my Die-namics Layered Labels die. The mini doily is a section of a Prima trim from a year or two back.


This is one of the Recollections flowers that I stocked up on when Michaels had a clearance a couple years ago. Besides this one, I only have three others. I sure wish they would have had more, because I love these things. They're ideal for autumn projects.


The gorgeous antique bronze metal filigree corner is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The ivory burlap string is by May Arts. There's a bit of cheesecloth tucked in there, too.


I cut my leaves with Alterations Movers & Shapers Mini Tattered Leaves die set using my treasured hand dyed wools I buy in Amish country.


The Penmaker had another special order for a custom pen, and this one is really custom. The order was for the pen to be in plain Gecko Green, which turned out impossible to find. So my husband had to make his own using a special custom mixed paint from a shop that will make up any car color you need... this one being a Jeep.


He is on a roll right now doing writing instruments in this stick shift style. We have a car show event coming up and I think this will be a winner. We also have something really exciting that may take place that I can't divulge just yet. Yikes, I can hardly wait to spill the beans.

An update on our sons movie: He's had numerous screenings, speaking engagements, radio interviews, etc. The movie has been a success, so he's moving ahead with two more in the works. The latest issue of Digital FilmMaker has an article on the making of Minerva Monster. You can pick up a copy at your local Barnes & Noble.





Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Well what a busy time for you all and I'm so glad that you have happy news!! Well done to you all ... Such a creative family and I love your pocket card and the custom pen!

Davi said...

Love the fall look on this one. Dotted paper is always a winner the the flower and leaves look beautiful with it!! Cool color for the pen and I bet the will be a real hit at the car show! Exciting news for your son! So will be waiting to hear what your new is!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I LOVE fall, too! This is soooo beautiful, my friend! So many pretty details to look at. I am loving those wool felt die cut leaves and the big beautiful blossom, and the filigree corner and bits of cheesecloth and trim are just stunning, too! And what a cool pen! Great job on the custom color. I bet this will go over huge at the car show! And congrats to your son on all his success!

SewPaperPaint said...

Linda, this card is fantastic! I agree that the flower really is a fall necessity. I will see what I can do to come up with a DIY for this, as I too love it! I recently posted a tutorial on making flowers like these. Mine are different, but maybe between the two of us we can make some more along this line.
http://sewpaperpaint.blogspot.com/2015/08/tips-and-tricks-for-making-diy-paper.html
I love your card, love your layering and design. Congrats to DH on the awesome pen order! Off to peruse some more...
Autumn

Tracy said...

Oooo I am loving all the fall colors on this one. Those felt leaves are to die for. LOL Whoever wanted that pen must REALLY like that green. Another amazing project from the penmaker. Congrats to your son too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...