Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ramona Layout


Our son and daughter-in-law
have the most darling dog they named Ramona (Mona for short). We've had the pleasure of dog sitting her a couple of times and I have really grown attached to her. When I saw this photo of her on my son's Facebook page, I thought it was perfect for a layout. Here's how it started...


You may recognize this
paper collection, as I've used it so many times... Pink Paislee's Hope Chest. I applied a coat of gesso, then did a couple of layers of molding paste with Prima's checkerboard and Crafter's Workshop Tile Texture stencils.


Gave it a few sprays with
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starbursts in Clam Bake Beige and Maidenhair Fern Green... distressing with Vintage Photo DI. Now I had a good base to work. It's backed with medium weight chipboard for extra stability. 


I kept the paper layering
fairly minimal with just a scrap cut with Alterations Torn Notebook die as a photo mat. The dog is fussy cut from the sheet called Trinkets.


I instead piled on
 lots of Petaloo flowers, butterflies and Spanish moss. The leaves are from I Am Roses. Mona is spelled out with alpha tags from Pixie Press.


I tucked in a couple of
die cut pieces from the PP HC collection as well.




These Petaloo's are all
part of their Darjeeling series, which has been my favorite up until now. They have a new series I'm just dying to buy called the Botanica Collection that have a faux dried look.
Have a wonderful Sunday, friends...

and thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a gorgeous layout. I love the way you arranged those flowers. What a tribute to Mona. I have grand-doggies too. They are such a joy to be around.

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely mixed media LO ... and such a sweet little dog! I adore dogs ... Have a beautiful sunday!

Unknown said...

Such a cool page, love the texture and blooms all around!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, that background is stunning! Gorgeous layout, Linda! And the pup's not too bad, either! ;)

Tracy said...

Fabulous mixed media additions Linda. Lovely way to showcase that pretty girl. :-) Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...