Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Mail And A Masculine Card

Our sweet Ros, 
aka Mikey's Mom, and I did a swap of supplies that we were both having trouble obtaining. The product she sent me, arrived yesterday along with this gorgeous card. This is going to sit right here on my desk, among these scraps, bottle caps, notes and wilting flowers, as my inspiration. Hopefully some of her talent will rub off onto me and my projects. Be sure to check out her blog if you haven't been there... lots of beautiful projects for you to see, like the fabulous necklace she did today for the City Crafter challenge blog.
Thank you, dear friend!


I'm still playing around
with DCWV Timeless Type and Kaisercraft Timeless papers in combination. These two work together so beautifully. Today I have a masculine card to show you...


This is on a black textured 
cardstock base with white textured mats. 


All these tags, banners
and labels are from the DCWV 8x8 inch stack. All are edged with Black Soot Distress Ink. As I normally do... I left the card front blank for a suitable sentiment when I give it away. I did a little machine stitching for more interest.
The gold pearl brads 
are from My Mind's Eye, and I used another of my son's soda bottle caps. This one has a button center tied with May Arts natural burlap string.


The banner is topped
with tiny buttons from my stash and more MA burlap string bows.
Tomorrow I'm going
to my daughter's to do some scrappin' with my granddaughter, Katie. We are planning on making a paper bag mini album and maybe a card, too! She is really into creating, and at nine years old, I want to help keep that flame burning.
Have a grand Tuesday!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, Linda!! I have such trouble with them!! I love the papers and the fabulous banner!! And the card from your friend is beautiful!! Have fun crafting with your granddaughter :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

Wonderful masculine card Linda. I like the pop of blue. Can't wait to see what you make with Ros's goodies. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! That's so sweet of you ... You are the one that inspires me! Lovely card ... The banner adds so much interest and I love your use of twine ... have fun with your granddaughter ... She is lucky to have such a talented Grandma!

Unknown said...

How sweet of Ros to send you such a beautiful card, you have placed it in wonderful surroundings Linda! Your masculine card looks great with the pretty banner and papers! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Well you both inspire me. I just love the work both you and Ros do.. Wonderful card you created my friend.

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...