Monday, May 13, 2013

A Moment In Time


It's been awhile since
I've worked in my art journal. When I pulled it out the other day, and flipped through the pages, I found this background I had done before our trip to Virginia. I remember putting down a lot of Distress Inks... Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves to be sure, but the other is anyones guess. I could see some stamped tissue and stenciled molding paste. That was the point that I quit.


So now, beginning again,
I put down some old lace and a couple layers of distressed papers, one from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection. I topped those with a torn piece of old book paper that I stamped with Unity's Insightful Meadows. I wrapped it with some very old ivory hemming lace. I stamped an Artistic Outpost girl onto a scrap of ivory cardstock and fussy cut her then sponged on a bit of Vintage Photo DI. I tucked in a Prime Vintage Trinket timepiece cut in two, then added Prima and Petaloo flowers and leaves along with oak leaves cut with a Martha Stewart punch. Put on an Idea-ology wire pin and a mini paperclip.


The text is 
Authentique's Diction stickers and the pearls are from Queen & Co. The rhinestone on the black Prima flower is by Hero Arts.

I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
Frilly and Funkie - There's No Time To Waste
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

14 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Linda!! The background looks amazing!! I love the layers!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sheila said...

Love all the layers!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love the layering!
I saw this on MIM!
Have a nice day! :)

June Houck said...

One day I would love to learn how to create such lovely journal pages. You are so good with your depth and texture and colors. Lovely!

Ros Crawford said...

What a great journal page this is ... looks like you really had fun!

loz said...

Fabulous Journal Page Linda. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Jenny Marples said...

Love the way you've picked this up again and revitalised it. You've got me hooked with those fabulous layers and the design works really well. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Hugs, Jenny x

Unknown said...

Your Art journal page looks wonderful. That background look great. I am loving the colors you used as well.

Hugs~

Donna Gibson said...

Beautiful journal page! Just goes to show that nothing is ever truly finished...just waiting for more layers! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful background Linda, love all the details too, gorgeous journal page.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Love it! Wow! The depth and layering is just amazing. I so love how each little step in the art journal process is a piece of art, all in itself!

Tricia said...

I love this page! I love the old book page and image over top of the lovely colorful background. It really works!

Julia said...



I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entry is #174.

I would love to have you visit my blog: Me and Myself on the Dark… and become a follower.

Hugs,

Julia


Deonna B said...

Came over from MIM to take a look at your fantastic Journal! I love How you've decorated it so beautifully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...