Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our Fine Son... Captain America

Today is our
youngest son's birthday. Being he and his brother are quite knowledgeable of the comic book industry, I made him this card...


It has a Recollections 
kraft cardstock base and the designer papers are from Graphic 45's Place in Time.


The chipboard frame
is from my stash and was sprayed with Denim Color Wash that I watered down slightly. I laid it on a piece of packaging that I use for spraying, and some of the mica from another spray soaked up into the frame... love the effect! The paper edges are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Inside:
The Penmaker added his own touch to the sentiments.

These images were
drawn by artist, Vince Dorse, that our older son commissioned to draw for his blog here. If you know anyone interested in comics, please pass this info along to them. It's really quite good. 
Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

How fabulous ... I'm sure he will really appreciate your thoughtfulness ... Happy birthday to your son!

Merry said...

This card is so fantastic and such a novel idea. Happy birthday to your son.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so fun!! I just love the whole concept and design!! What a fabulous card!! I hope he has a wonderful birthday!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

What a fun card. Your son is just going to love it.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What a cool card, Linda! Amazing artwork and fabulous design. Sooo love those papers mixed with this theme!

Anonymous said...

WOW awesome card!!! He will LOVE it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...