Saturday, March 9, 2013

"I Almost Wish We Were Butterflies

and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” John Keats



Going through one
of my art journals, I discovered that there were still some unfinished pages... ones I had applied excess paint and ink to from another project (I'm sure most of you know what I mean). These two pages both had lime green stenciled ivy vines and random brushed paint. So I pulled out a piece of  a torn dress pattern and stamped on a few images...


then glued it on with
a hefty helping of soft gel medium. Heat tool. Using my finger, I put on  Titanium White acrylic paint with some dabs of Peeled Paint Distress Stain and a few squirts of water from a mister. Heat tool.


I rubbed Distress Ink pads,
Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Rusty Hinge, on my craft mat, misted with water and drug my journal pages through the lovely mass of liquid. Heat tool. More dragging. Heat tool. And once again. Heat tool. Now with a sponge applicator, I rubbed on more Peeled Paint DI.


Now I cut out six butterflies 
from a sheet of KaiserCraft Timeless paper called, not surprisingly, "Butterflies" and added them to the mix using the soft gel.


My computer created
quote went on the page in the same fashion. A bit of Black Soot Distress Ink sponged around the perimeter finished off my play time. This page has a botanical flair, don't you think? I love the greens!

I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Linda, these pages are beautiful!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors!! This is fabulous, Linda!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

I really like the stamped dress pattern & its translucent, and those rangers paints/inks are lovely colours aren't they. Your quote is very special too and the page fits it perfectly.

Unknown said...

wonderful... really wonderful, Linda ! Like in a tropical garden! ))

Unknown said...

Such beautiful pages Linda, reminds me that spring is on its way..

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Who can resist a butterfly ... these are so pretty ... you are so good at art

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...