Saturday, November 3, 2012

Prima Pixie

This verse from Psalm 94
is a new favorite of mine, so it just had to go in my art journal.


This page began with 
a piece of Prima's Nature Garden "Pixie" paper that I adhered with gel medium. Along the top and left edges, I rubbed on Forest Moss and Peeled Paint Distress Ink using the Dylusions Chequered Dots stencil. Then came Vintage Photo DI using the Crafters' Workshop Mini Punchinella stencil. With Jet Black Archival ink, I stamped the borders top and bottom with one of the stamps from Christy Thomlinson's She Art Doodles stamp set, then filled in down the left side using a black Faber-Castell Pitt pen. Grabbing another of Christy's stamps, I filled in some white space at the bottom with more Archival. Next I applied molding paste using CW Mini Tile Texture stencil.


Now for some coloring.
With Distress Inks, I shaded and colored in the flowers, stems and buds on the paper, just making them more to my liking. I applied Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Forest Moss with Ranger's Craft Nibs. 


The verse was stamped
on using an alpha set I bought at Michaels and Coffee Archival ink. I went over the letters with a black soft charcoal pencil, then smudged with my finger for a shadowing effect.


I finished up by sponging
Vintage Photo DI around the page edges.

I'm linking my page at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting!
Hugs!
Linda

8 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so pretty! Love your idea!!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh wow, Linda! This is so beautiful. Your journal is exceptional, and I'm SO blessed when you share it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always so blessed by the art that you share, and hope you are also blessed by creating it. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

May said...

Gorgeous journal...your work is amazing.. I came across your blog today and had a look at your wonderful creations... I've joined as a follower as to visit again soon... Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Linda, what a fab journal this is! Such a beautiful page, love the stamps and colours! Take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, your journal page looks amazing. What a wonderful Verse you added. I just bought some charcoal pencils. I can't wait to use them.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Really love this art journal page, Linda! That image is so beautiful and I love how you added coloring for more detail. The checkerboard stenciling on the side is gorgeous, and I love the verse, too!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love your journal pages

Jo Ann said...

I am sure your journal is full of nice projects and this is very beautiful...Love it! Thanks for blessing us with your project this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...